Arbitration Training Course
WHEN: Thursday & Friday, April 11 & 12, 2019
WHERE: Four Points By Sheraton Hotel – Milwaukee Airport
5311 South Howell Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53207
COST: $500 for all course attendees
This course is required to join the:
CDRS National Panel of Construction ADR Specialists
COURSE CONTENT: The history of arbitration, all of the procedures involved in the arbitration process including, but not limited to: claims and counterclaims, pleadings and opening statements, discovery, witnesses and depositions, examinations and cross examinations, motions, closing statements, post-hearing briefs, arbitration award, appeals and award enforcement, arbitration administration, pre-hearing conferences, exparte communications, State Arbitration Acts, Uniform Arbitration Act and the Federal Arbitration Act, confidentiality and neutrality, challenges to the arbitration, arbitration disclosure and disqualification, arbitration ethics, legal and professional standards that apply to arbitrations, how to decide matters based on impartiality and on the evidence provided, mediation-arbitration-litigation will be discussed as to their proper application to the dispute resolution process, power imbalance, the role of attorneys, fairness to the parties, the Construction Dispute Resolution Services, LLC “General Arbitration Rules and Procedures” and special arbitration Rules and Procedures will be thoroughly reviewed along with other procedural and legal issues related to the arbitration process, and much, much more. In addition, there will be special review of the legal issues related to the Wisconsin Home Inspection industry. There will also be a review of proper contract language to be utilized to specify arbitration in Home Inspection Agreement and in general construction contracts.
- Course size is limited. All participants must be approved by CDRS. It will be on a “first come” basis for any open spots*.
- The course will be conducted at the Four Points Sheraton Hotel – Milwaukee.
- CDRS will host a welcome dinner on Thursday evening April 11, 2019 at 5:30pm at the Hotel for all CDRS ADR Specialists.
- Each participant will receive a Course Power Point Binder, “The Arbitrator’s Handbook,” by John Cooley and a CDRS Arbitration Training Manual.
- The course will be conducted from 8:30am to 4:30pm each day.
- A light breakfast and full lunch will be provided each day.
- Each participant will receive a course completion certificate.
- A block of hotel rooms have been reserved at the Sheraton Four Points Hotel at a cost of $99.00 + tax per night. The reservation number is 414-481-2400. Please reference “CDRS”. Room rates guaranteed until March 11, 2019. There are a limited number of rooms available.
- Further details will be sent to all participants after they registered for the course.
- Please call Peter Merrill at CDRS for further information 505-473-7733.
* CDRS ADR Specialists have a priority over general course attendees