P/T Building Inspector
The Township of Denville is currently seeking a qualified individual to serve part-time as the Building Inspector in the Township’s Construction Department. Ideally, the candidate shall be available Monday to Friday for an estimated five (5) hours per day.
Salary: $32.00 per hour
General Job Duties:
- Assist Construction Code Official in performing building plan reviews and site inspections to ensure compliance with applicable codes;
- Maintain orderly records and ensure all paperwork is completed in a timely manner;
- Be able to effectively and courteously interact with contractors and residents both in person and on the telephone to answer their questions and address their concerns;
- Perform other duties as assigned or as required.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess a valid NJ DCA —Building Inspector-ICS License or higher, and a valid driver’s license. Multiple Uniform Construction Code (UCC) licenses a plus.
Applications are available at www.denvillenj.org and can be sent to the Administrator’s Office, I St. Mary’s Place, Denville, NJ 07834 or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Friday, July 20, 2018 at 4:00 P.M.
The Township of Denville is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants shall be given full consideration.