Electrical Subcode Official
ELECTRICAL SUBCODE OFFICIAL – FULL-TIME – Hillsborough Township, Somerset County.
The Township of Hillsborough is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of full-time Electrical
Subcode Official, to provide services to our growing community. Job responsibilities as required by
New Jersey Uniform Construction Code regulations. This is an AFSCME Union position with a
40-hour work week. Starting salary $85,000.00 per AFSCME Union contract. Offered benefits
include Medical, Dental, Cafeteria Plan, Flexible Spending Account, Employee Recognition Program,
and opportunities for Merit Increases. Inspection tools and Township vehicles provided for
inspections. The Township of Hillsborough is an equal opportunity employer.
● Electrical Subcode Official HHS license.
● Three years experience as a full-time Electrical HHS Inspector.
● Previous Class 1 plan review experience.
● Strong customer service skills.
● Strong computer and technology skills.
● Ability to multitask in a busy environment.
● Supervision of Electrical Inspectors.
● Valid New Jersey driver’s license.
● Clearance of a criminal history background check.
● Previous experience as a full-time Electrical Subcode Official in a Class 1 agency.
● Additional technical license in another Subcode discipline.
Please forward resume, three references and a cover letter of interest to Sarah Brake in the
Hillsborough Administrator’s office: email@example.com