THE TOWNSHIP OF BRIDGEWATER
100 COMMONS WAY / BRIDGEWATER, N.J. 08807
908/725-6300 / FAX # 908/725-3365
POSITION: Fire Subcode Official
POSTING DATE: 4/14/2022
CLOSING DATE: 5/6/2022 @ 5:00 pm (Eastern)
JOB TYPE: Full-Time
REPORTS TO: Construction Official
UNION AFFILIATION: FLSA STATUS:
SALARY RANGE: Grade J: Minimum: $46,932.06 / Maximum $74,854.78
WORK SCHEDULE & HOURS:
Essential Functions and Duties
Monday to Friday – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: administering the fire subcode, reviewing plans, inspecting and/or supervising the inspection of fire work in construction projects to ensure compliance with plans and specifications, responding to inquiries, investigating complaints and violations, inspecting smoke, carbon monoxide, & portable fire extinguishers, and other related duties.
- Possession of a valid New Jersey Fire Subcode Official license and Fire Inspector high-rise and hazardous (HHS) license issued by the New Jersey Department of Community Affairs. 2. Three years’ experience as a full-time Fire HHS Inspector.
- Possession of a valid New Jersey driver’s license.
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to work professionally with municipal officials, contractors and the general public to offer sound and accurate information in a customer focused environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to multitask in a busy environment.
- Experience with SDL is strongly preferred.
- Additional technical license in another subcode discipline is preferred.
- Authorization to Work: US citizenship is not required. Selected candidate must be authorized to work in the US according to Department of Homeland Security, US Citizenship and Immigration Services regulations. • Residency Law: Pursuant to N.J.S.A. 52:14-7 (L. 2011, Chapter 70), also known as the “New Jersey First Act,” all persons newly hired must establish, and then maintain, principal residence in the State of New Jersey
HOW TO APPLY
All applicants are required to fully complete and sign an employment application. The employment application is available at https://www.bridgewaternj.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Bridgewater-Township EmployeeApplication_2019.11.20.pdf.
To apply, submit a resume and completed and signed employment application to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 5:00 pm on 5/6/2022. Please put “Fire Subcode Official” in the subject line of the email.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER