THE TOWNSHIP OF BRIDGEWATER
100 COMMONS WAY / BRIDGEWATER, N.J. 08807
908/725-6300 / FAX # 908/725-3365
POSITION: TECHNICAL ASSISTANT
POSTING DATE: 01/22/2020
CLOSING DATE: 02/19/2020 at 5:00 pm (Eastern)
JOB TYPE: Full-time
REPORTS TO: Construction Official
UNION: Bridgewater Municipal Employees Association (BMEA)
SALARY GRADE: H
SALARY RANGE: Minimum $44,713.52 / Maximum $73,082.03
WORK HOURS: Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
RESPONSIBILTIES AND DUTIES
- Provide a variety of code services to the general public in one or more functional areas requiring knowledge or experience with model codes, rules, principles and practices; providing information concerning the requirements and standards in the Uniform Construction Code.
- Supply necessary forms relating to permits; review applications for construction permits to ensure all necessary information and documents are included.
- Issue permits and certificates after approval and authorization; review routing fee calculations for permits; collect fees and penalties and issue receipts accordingly, and maintain records and files.
- Prepare and maintain records for all purchase requisitions and permit refunds.
- Review plans and permit applications for completeness before submittal to Construction Official for final approval.
- Prepare daily and monthly transmittal reports and reconcile with the Finance Department.
- Prepare quarterly reports for the State, statements for the State DCA fees and vouchers for monthly reports.
- Order all UCC forms, prepare documentation for monthly reports (SRVSA) and assist in preparation of budget.
- Perform other duties as
- Two years of work experience involving processing, reviewing and issuing construction permits.
- Knowledge of the administrative provisions of the NJ Uniform Construction Code
- Completion of the “Technical Assistant to the Construction Official” course within one year
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft programs
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Knowledge of Spatial Data Logic software
Terms and conditions of employment will be governed by the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Authorization to Work: US citizenship is not required. Selected candidate must be authorized to work in the US according to Department of Homeland Security, US Citizenship and Immigration Services regulations.
Residency Law: Pursuant to N.J.S.A. 52:14-7 (L. 2011, Chapter 70), also known as the “New Jersey First Act,” all persons newly hired must establish, and then maintain, principal residence in the State of New Jersey.
HOW TO APPLY
All applicants are required to fully complete and sign an employment application. The employment application is available at
To apply, submit a resume and fully completed and signed employment application to email@example.com, no later than 5:00 pm on 02/19/2020.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER